In the new SPEEDZONE drivers, Cobra Golf has tapped into the world of super cars to optimise six unique zones of performance to deliver unrivaled speed and distance in two new drivers, the KING SPEEDZONE and the KING SPEEDZONE XTREME. Like a racecar, every component from the internal chassis design to the exterior shaping was engineered to maximize power output. Below is a rundown of the six zones of performance COBRA delivers in its 2020 SPEEDZONE Driver line.
1. POWER ZONE – CNC Infinity Milled Face - the face is the engine of the driver and is crucial for generating speed. Using the only CNC Milled Face in a driver, COBRA has expanded the milled area of the face by 95% enabling them to control face & leading-edge thickness. Face and perimeter curvature can be up to 5 times more precise than traditional face polishing. In addition, every face is 100% inspected to ensure a larger SPEEDZONE across the face for maximum ball speed.
2. STRENGTH ZONE - COBRA’s SPEEDZONE drivers feature a new Titanium T-Bar Speed Chassis. COBRA engineers removed unnecessary titanium to create more discretionary weight while maintaining a strong structure designed to withstand high speed collisions. The discretionary weight is utilized to create low CG and high inertia resulting in fast, forgiving performance.
3. LIGHT ZONE – The new SPEEDZONE chassis allows for more carbon fiber than ever before. A 360 Carbon Wrap Crown design makes up 50% of the driver body, providing ample stiffness and support to the chassis while saving 25 grams of discretionary weight. That weight has been repositioned low and back and around the perimeter where it is needed most.
4. LOW CG ZONE – Low CG is essential for driver performance, delivering maximum ball speed, higher launch & low spin. In the KING SPEEDZONE driver, COBRA continues to deliver a low CG for optimal performance, similar to the 2019 SPEEDBACK driver. In the SPEEDZONE driver, 69 grams of mass (vs. 40 in SPEEDBACK) has been strategically positioned low in the driver for optimal launch conditions.
5. AERO ZONE – combining aerodynamics with a low center of gravity continues to be a strength that COBRA delivers with its drivers. The new SPEEDZONE shaping harnesses airflow for maximum drag reduction and increased clubhead speed.
6. STABILITY ZONE – High speed stability is both important in racing and in driver performance. SPEEDZONE’s High MOI Design positions weight away from the center of the head to maximize stability on off-center hits for longer, straighter drives.