- Intuitive: clearly structured measurement menu for long-term measurements as well as the parallel determination of humidity and air temperature in storage, refrigerated and work rooms and also in ventilation ducts
- Precise: calculation of dew point, wet bulb temperature and absolute humidity
- Convenient: wireless probe, internal data storage and USB port for data export
- As multifaceted as your challenges themselves: the air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument can be expanded with a large portfolio of digital probes
Use this practical kit to measure the humidity and temperature in storage, refrigerated and work rooms as well as in ventilation ducts. The testo 440 multifunction measuring instrument and the humidity/temperature probe are impressive thanks to their intelligent calibration concept, ease of use and maximum convenience for your measuring tasks.
testo 440 Humidity Kit with Bluetooth in detail
testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument:
- No task is too challenging, no application too specialized: the testo 440 combines a compact hand-held measuring instrument with intuitive measurement menus and a wide selection of air velocity and IAQ probes
- Clearly structured measurement menu for long-term measurement: for long-term monitoring, enter the measurement time and measuring cycle in the measuring instrument and record measurement data trends. Other practical measurement menus, e.g. determining the cooling/heating output, mould detection, etc.
- Easy storage and evaluation of measurement data. Measurement data memory for up to 7500 measurement protocols, which can be read via a USB port and further processed as a CSV file on the computer (e.g. with Excel)
- Practical magnets for easy attachment of the measuring instrument to metal surfaces
- Automatic detection of probes, e.g. humidity/temperature probe
- Large, backlit colour display
Humidity/temperature probe with Bluetooth:
- Use the humidity/temperature probe to accurately measure relative humidity and air temperature and to calculate dew point, wet bulb temperature, absolute humidity and heating/cooling output
- Reliable measurement results thanks to a high-quality, long-term stable humidity sensor. Measuring range: 0 to 100% RH / -20 to +70 °C, accuracy: ±2% RH / ±0.5 °C
- Endlessly versatile: a universal handle can be connected to all probe heads – so you can take care of more applications using less equipment, and save space too
- The Bluetooth handle makes it more convenient to carry out your measurement and guarantees less cable clutter in the case. It transmits the readings to the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument, from up to 20 m away
- Practical button on the handle: for storing individual readings
- Intelligent calibration concept: the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument remains in continuous use, since only the humidity/temperature probe head needs to be sent in for calibration
- testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument, 3 x AA batteries, USB cable and calibration protocol (0560 4401)
- Humidity/temperature probe (Ø 12 mm) with Bluetooth* (consisting of humidity/temperature probe head and Bluetooth handle); 4 x AA batteries and calibration protocol (0636 9731)
- Basic case for testo 440 and 1 probe
*Please do not use the probe in condensing atmospheres. For continuous application in high-humidity ranges
> 80% RH at ≤ 30 °C for > 12 h
> 60% RH at > 30 °C for > 12 h
|Temperature - NTC|
|Measuring range||-40 to +150 °C|
±0.4 °C (-40 to -25.1 °C)
±0.2 °C (-25 to 74.9 °C)
±0.4 °C (75 to 99.9 °C)
±0.5 % of mv (Remaining Range)
|Temperature - TC Type K (NiCr-Ni)|
|Measuring range||-200 to +1370 °C|
|Accuracy||±(0.3 °C + 0.1 % of mv)|
|General technical data|
|Dimensions||154 x 65 x 32 mm|
|Operating temperature||-20 to +50 °C|
|Connectable probes||1 x digital probe with cable or 1 x Temperature NTC TUC, 1 x digital Bluetooth probe or testo Smart Probe, 1 x Temperature TC Type K|
|Battery type||3 AA mignon 1.5 V|
|Battery life||12 h (typically vane measurement)|
|Data transfer||Bluetooth®; USB interface|
|Storage temperature||-20 to +50 °C|
Long-term monitoring of indoor air quality
Poor indoor air quality due to excessive concentrations of CO2 can cause tiredness, lack of concentration and even illness. With its menu for recording readings, the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument is ideal for monitoring the indoor air quality. Enter the measurement time and the measuring cycle – and, for example, track the change in CO2 concentration or humidity and temperature values over the course of the day. Simply choose between probes with Bluetooth or fixed cable for CO2, CO (please order separately) or humidity.
Turbulence measurement in accordance with EN ISO 7730 / ASHRAE 55
Determine the degree of turbulence and the draught risk in the workplace: draught restricts the comfort level and is the most common cause of complaints about the indoor climate. The turbulence probe (please order separately) measures air velocity and air temperature, and automatically calculates the draught risk and the degree of turbulence in accordance with EN ISO 7730/ASHRAE 55.
For convenient measurements at varying heights, we recommend using our measuring tripod for comfort level measurement (please order separately). This makes it very easy to position turbulence probes in compliance with the standards.
Convenience and maximum flexibility for duct and outlet measurements
With our large range of air velocity probes (please order separately), you can carry out simple and convenient measurements even at locations that are difficult to access in ventilation ducts or at air outlets:
you will even find it easy to carry out measurements in particularly large ducts. This is because the extendable telescope on the hot wire and vane probe (Ø 16 mm) with universal handle can be further extended using the telescope extension – enabling you to attain a total length of 2 metres.
Carry out measurements at air/ceiling outlets effortlessly and without using a ladder. Fit your vane probe (Ø 100 mm) with the telescope with 90° angle and, if necessary, with the telescope extension (both can be ordered separately).
Greater freedom thanks to Bluetooth: the air velocity probes with Bluetooth have no inconvenient cable connection to the measuring instrument, and they transmit readings up to a distance of 20 m. Press the button on the probe to operate the measuring instrument – for example, to start and stop a series of measurements (timed mean calculation).
Attach the testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument to metal surfaces (e.g. ducts) easily using the practical magnets.
Benefit from fast calculation of the volume flow: in the “volume flow” measurement menu of the multifunction measuring instrument, configure the dimensions and geometry of the duct cross-section – the measuring instrument shows you the volume flow straight away.
Range of probes for cleanrooms and laboratories
The testo 440 air velocity and IAQ measuring instrument is also ideal for a wide variety of applications in cleanrooms and laboratories in conjunction with the following probes (please order separately):
- High-precision air velocity measurement on fume cupboards with the fume cupboard probe
- Thanks to the low start-up speed of 0.1 m/s, the high-precision vane probe (Ø 100 mm) is ideal for laminar flow measurements in cleanrooms. It is available as a variant with Bluetooth or with fixed cable
- To measure the humidity in cleanrooms, we recommend the high-precision humidity/temperature probe (0636 9771 or 0636 9772). With an accuracy of: ±(0.6% RH + 0.7 % of m.v.) (0 to 90% RH), it also meets the requirements for humidity measurements in this particularly sensitive area