- testo 417 vane anemometer for measuring air flow velocity, volume flow and temperature
- Attachable measurement funnels make this ideal for measuring volume flow at ventilation outlets
- Also suitable for swirl outlets: thanks to the flow straightener, precise measurements can also be taken at swirl outlets
- Important accessories included in the set: measurement funnels, flow straightener and a bag for storage
The measurement of air flow velocity and the correct calculation of volume flow at ventilation outlets can present a challenge. The turbulence created there plus differing flow directions make correct measurement more difficult. Air turbulence is particularly strong at swirl outlets, which makes even higher measuring inaccuracies likely.
In conjunction with the measurement funnels and the testovent 417 volume flow straightener, the testo 417 vane anemometer is ideal for your flow measurements at ventilation grilles and plate outlets. This ensures simple testing of incoming/outgoing air – such as in the controlled ventilation of living spaces.
What the testo 417 vane anemometer has to offer
The testo 417 vane anemometer with integrated 100 mm vane measures flow velocity, volume flow and temperature at the same time. The measurement funnels included in the set enable precise volume flow measurement at ventilation outlets. With the volume flow straightener, you can achieve pinpoint accuracy even at swirl outlets. The calculated volume flow is shown directly on the vane anemometer's display. In addition, you can switch to the current temperature reading.
The direction of flow, i.e. inflow or outflow, is also shown on the display. Timed and multi-point mean calculations provide an indicator of the average volume flow, flow velocity and temperature reading. The vane anemometer shows min./max. values and the hold function enables the current readings to be retained. The illuminated display allows you to carry out your measurements even in a dark environment.
With this set, you are ready to start measuring at plate outlets, ventilation grilles and swirl outlets
With this set, you are ready to get started: for measurement at ventilation grilles or plate outlets, simply attach the testo 417 vane anemometer to the testovent 417 measurement funnel. Once you have selected the measurement funnel factor on the vane anemometer, you can start your measurement.
The testovent 417 volume flow straightener can also be used for measuring the volume flow at swirl outlets. In combination with the measurement funnels and flow straightener, the testo 417 vane anemometer offers impressively high precision, in spite of the massive air turbulence at swirl outlets.
The set comprises the testo 417 vane anemometer, the testovent 417 volume flow straightener and the testovent 417 measurement funnels – one for plate outlets (diameter 200 mm) and one for ventilation grilles (330 x 330 mm). After the measurement, you can safely store or transport the equipment in the bag.
- testo 417 vane anemometer with integrated 100 mm vane, including calibration protocol and battery
- testovent 417 measurement funnel for plate outlets (diameter 200 mm)
- testovent 417 measurement funnel for ventilation grilles (330 x 330 mm)
- testovent 417 volume flow straightener
- Bag for storing the testovent 417 measurement funnels
|Temperature - NTC|
|Measuring range||0 to +50 °C|
|Velocity - Vane anemometer|
|Measuring range||+0.3 to +20 m/s|
|Accuracy||±(0.1 m/s + 1.5 % of mv)|
0 to +99999 m³/h
0 to +440 m³/h (testo 417 in combination with funnel set (0563 4170))
0.1 to +200 m³/h , preferred 0,1 to 100 m³/h (testo 417 in combination with funnel & flow straightener (0554 4172))
0.1m³/h (0 to +99.9 m³/h)
1 m³/h (+100 to +99999 m³/h)
|General technical data|
|Dimensions||277 x 105 x 45 mm|
|Operating temperature||0 to +50 °C|
|Battery type||9V block battery, 6F22|
|Battery life||50 h|
|Storage temperature||-40 to +70 °C|
- Product brochure testo 417 (PDF, 294.2 kB)
- Example application measurement of volume flow at swirl outlets (PDF, 1.200 KB)